Annually, the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) offers a lottery-based program to maintain racial diversity in the United States.
Citizens from different countries can enroll themselves in the United States Green Card Lottery Program. The Green Card Lottery Program is a legal and free way for families and individuals who have no other option to get a green card. This will enable them to migrate to the USA legally. With the recent conflicts in Afghanistan and the implementation of the lottery program for the year 2024, a significant opportunity to immigrate has been granted. This is because many of them did not get a chance to immigrate to this country or other countries of the world until now. Joining this lottery program and winning is the easiest way to receive a residence allowance to work and reside in the United States. In this topic, information is provided about the US Green Card Lottery and the main goal of this program, the conditions, and the registration process.
What is the US Green Card Lottery?
A law was passed in the US in 1990 that created the Diversity Visa Lottery or DV Lottery. The US Green Card Lottery or Racial Diversity Immigrant Visa Program means a lottery conducted by the United States Immigration Services among applicants who have applied for this program. This program will also be held in 2024, during which about 55,000 people will be given US visas.
This visa is a type of immigration visa that permits a person to receive US permanent residence or a US green card and move to the US. The lottery is the ideal opportunity for countries from which a small number of refugees immigrate to this country each year. This allows them. This is to maintain a balance between the generation of refugees and the population. Thus, the Green Card Lottery is increased as a way to grow the diversity of immigrants living in the United States.
Apply for Russian Governmental scholarships
What is a green card?
A US Green Card is a permanent resident visa in the United States. A green card owner can reside, work and study independently in this country just like a US citizen. After receiving a US green card, a person can travel to any country, without any problems under the terms of residency and return to the US with the same card and visa-free. A person with a US green card is considered a citizen of this country and can enjoy the privileges that the American government offers its citizens. The United States of America is one of the top countries in the world for immigration and many immigrants enter this country annually.
Participation in the US lottery program is free of charge for all eligible people. The US government does not charge participants any fees from the time of registration until they start living in the United States.
Lottery enrollment rules
Applicant must be a citizen of the countries eligible for the lottery.
Applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
Applicant must have a high school diploma. If you don’t have an education certificate, you must have experience in related jobs and a 2-year education certificate. You can read the eligible job experiences on the official website
Term(s) to be included in the documents
First and last name of the applicant;
Date of birth from the ID card;
City and country of birth;
Complete residential address;
Contact information and email address;
Level of education;
Marriage conditions or marriage;
Information about the spouse and children, if applicable;
Pictures of all family members at 600 x 600 pixels.
How to Apply (Application process)
If you are willing to register yourself, you can fill in the forms on the official website. You should receive a confirmation message with your digital signature and confirmation number after registering. You will confirmation number. Write this number down or save it somewhere because you will need it. This is because it is. This is because the lottery winner is announced, you can use this number to check the results. Whether you won the lottery or not.
Apply for Saudi Arabia’s Fully Funded internship
The official registration period for the 2024 lottery will begin on October 6, 2022, and the last date for lottery registration will be November 9, 2022.
- In the case of registration, each couple must write pertinent information such as name and surname in English, the exact date of birth, birthplace, education level, marital status, life partner, and Children’s pictures.
- Note that the details of all children under the age of 21 must be mentioned.
- If your child is older than 21, they must enroll independently and be listed as your child on your application.
- If your child was born in the United States or has a US Green Card, do not enter their information on your form.
- In case of any mistake in entering the information of your spouse and children, even if you win, your case will be rejected.
- One for each member of your family, a picture is required. Don’t forget that all family members need pictures. Even a baby who is a few days old needs a picture.
- Pictures of all family members in appropriate quality and in accordance with the required standards of the American Lottery must be uploaded at the time of registration.
- The picture related to the lottery must be square and its dimensions must be 5 cm by 5 cm or 600 by 600 pixels, have a white background, the image resolution must be 300 dpi, the file format must be jpg, the image size must not exceed more than 240 kilobytes (KB) and the person in the picture should be ultimately facing the camera and the head and body should not be at an angle.
- Forms should be filled out online only. It is not possible to save forms.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to register. Sometimes high traffic in the last days of the lottery registration website prevents you from registering on time, thus causing you to lose your chance.
- You will have 60 minutes to complete the forms and if your registration is not completed within this time, you will have to try again.
- Each applicant is allowed to submit only one form as the original applicant.
- By registering multiple or multiple times in a lottery program, your chances of winning decrease because the system may identify you as a lottery fraudster.
- Registration can be done only on the mentioned dates and cannot be extended.
Receiving the Lottery
The names of all winners of the Lottery will be announced on May 6, 2023, on the United States Green Card Lottery website. If your name was among the lottery winners, then prove your identity and fill out the forms related to lottery winners to receive a US green card. You must follow the relevant instructions to immigrate to the United States as soon as the documents are processed.
Apply also for European Scholarships
Advice and Help
All genuine applicants with a passport, at least a 12th standard certificate, and a standard photograph have a high chance of being accepted. Therefore, try to do your registration very carefully and diligently to get a chance to participate in the 2024 United States Green Card Lottery.
Read complete information, terms, and answers to frequently asked questions about the US Green Card Lottery at the link provided by the US Department of State.