The draw of the European Champions League in the round of 16 knockout stage was held today Monday in the city of Nyon, Switzerland, and the result was the confrontation between Porto and Inter Milan and Lionel Messi’s teammates and Bayern Munich in the most important matches.
The rules of the game at this stage do not allow the teams of the same country to play against each other, as well as the confrontation of the promoted teams from the same group.
The first teams to advance from each group are known as hosts at this stage. Real Madrid is the only representative of Spain at this stage, and Germany and England will have the most representatives in this season with 4 representatives.
According to the draw, the teams of Real Madrid and Liverpool will once again line up against each other so that the final of the previous round of this competition will be repeated this time in the eighth round.
Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern also faced each other in the 2020 final, and Kingsley Coman’s single goal won the Munich championship.
The full schedule of the 8 matches of this stage will be as follows:
- Manchester City, England – Leipzig, Germany
- Benfica Portugal – Club Brugge Belgium
- Real Madrid of Spain – Liverpool of England
- England’s Tottenham – Italy’s Milan
- Napoli, Italy – Eintracht Frankfurt, Germany
- England Chelsea – Germany Dortmund
- Porto Portugal – Inter Milan Italy
- Bayern Munich, Germany – Paris Saint-Germain, France
It should be noted that the games of this stage will be held on 25th and 26th of Bahman and 2nd and 3rd of March.